Officer Reimbursement Procedures
As part of your responsibilities as an Ashdown officer, you may occasionally be called upon to make purchases for Ashdown House or Ashdown events, such as food, equipment, supplies, etc. Please follow the guidelines below to make sure you are properly (and promptly) reimbursed for your expenses.
If you have any questions, please e-mail the AHEC treasurer at ahec-treasurer (at) mit.edu.
1 Making purchases
1. Make sure to use the tax-exempt forms (ST-2, ST-5) to avoid paying sales tax. As an MIT student group, Ashdown House does not have to pay sales tax. Always take both tax-exempt forms with you when you go shopping for Ashdown, as you will not be reimbursed for any sales tax inadvertently paid. If making purchases online, you may be able to receive the tax exemption by calling the company directly. If you purchase from Amazon, please follow the directions given on the Sourcing & Procurement website.
2. Always get an itemized receipt: If you shop at a store/restaurant that does not print out receipts, please ask for a handwritten itemized list of your purchases and their costs, which is then signed by the seller. A credit card slip or a receipt stating only the total cost is NOT sufficient to receive reimbursement. In most cases, it is possible to request an itemized receipt at the time of purchase.
3. If you pay a tip, please indicate that you paid a tip, as well as the amount, on your receipt.
4. If you buy your personal goods along with the Ashdown-related items: Clearly indicate and cross out any personal expenses, as they will not be reimbursed.
2 Receiving reimbursement5. Go to Atlas and click on "My Reimbursements" under the Menu Panel on the left of the page. When forwarding the RFP, seach for 'rzeznik' and then select "Andrew Joseph Rzeznik" (Current ahec treasurer).
6. Go to "Request a Reimbursement for Me"
7. Fill in the following information:
9. Upload your receipt and proof of payment. You can either scan or take a photo of them.
The Ashdown treasurer will see your RFP and sign it for you online. However, it is your responsibility to turn in the original receipts, proofs of payments, and a printout of the screenshot of the completed RFP to the SAO. Once you turn in the required documents, your RFP will be approved.
4 FAQCan I use the inter-departmental mail to deliver my receipts and RFP page printouts to the SAO?
Yes, you can put your receipts and RFP page printouts in the inter-departmental envelope and address it to "SAO desk workers" and "W20-549".How do I track the status of my RFP?
Go to "Track My Reimbursements" under Menu/My Reimbursements, and select RFPs to display by selecting the appropriate range of days you want to track.