AHEC Meeting Minutes | April 11, 2017
AHEC Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 8:30pm @ Crafts Lounge
Attendees: Seamus Bann, Govind Ramnarayan, Katharine Roman, Nicole Moody, German Alberto Parada Hernandez, Deirdre Logan, Xueying Zhao, Vishal Patil
Presided by Seamus Bann, Minutes by Sandro Salgueiro
- [Vote] - Approval of Meeting Minutes
- [Update] – Communities Committee Update
- [Update] – Event Committee Update
- [Update] – Operations Committee Update
- [Update] – Officer Recruitment
- [Discussion] – Ashdown Spring Concert
- Open Floor
- Approval of Meeting Minutes
- Communities Committee Update
- Solved the issue with floor officers/continuing status.
- Things going very well, nothing else to report.
- Event Committee Update
- Submitted budget for next 3 mo., two cooking events coming up. Next big thing is the Spring Concert. To be planned: picnic for end of semester.
- Operations Committee Update
- Meeting with inventory members soon.
- Officer Recruitment
- All positions filled, everyone accepted.
- Will create a list of good candidates who couldn’t get a spot as an officer in case we need more manpower in the near future.
- Vishal will take care of sending all rejection emails.
- Ashdown Spring Concert
- Need people who does art (painting, sculptures, etc.). Good on musicians, but lacking on artists.
- Adam is taking care of the food.
- Publicity put posters up last weekend. All floor emails have been sent out.
- Open floor
- Sleep Talk at Ashdown was better attended than MIT wide Sleep Talk. Next event: May 15, 6-7 pm.
- Bunny proofing the garden? Not much communication from the gardening officer lately. If we are doing something about it, it has to be done very soon because people will start planting soon.
- Who replies to emails sent to AHEC? Should establish a protocol.
- Noticed some names are missing from the rejectees (interviewed officer candidates). Govind and Vishal working on fixing it before rejection emails are sent out.