**AHEC Meeting Minutes | Mar 21, 2017 **
AHEC Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, Feb 21, 2017, 8:30pm @ Crafts Lounge
Attendees: Seamus, Govind, Rio, Katie, Malvika, German, Adam, Eric, Vishal, Xueying
Presided by Malvika, Minutes by Hongru
- [Vote] - Approval of Meeting Minutes
- [Update] – Communities Committee Update
- [Update] – Event Committee Update
- [Update] – Operations Committee Update
- [Update] – Officer Evaluations/Recruitment
- [Discussion] – International Students Office Event
- [Discussion] – Ashdown Spring Concert
- [Discussion] – AHEC Meeting Times/Locations
- [Discussion] – Materials for Transition
- Open Floor
- Approval of Meeting Minutes
- Communities Committee Update
- Community is having a meeting after spring break on April 1st, and new AHEC member should come to the meeting also, so add Vishal to the community mailing list.
- Currently three Fun Fund events is going on
- Subcommittee can also have their own meetings, subcommittee chairs can organize the event themselves, maybe in less formal style like coffee and snack instead of dinner.
- Event Committee Update
- New budget cycle in March as GSC sent out the money plan two days ago, which funds events from mid-May, like a "end of semester social"
- The event should open to everybody because of the GSC funding.
- Pie Day events went will, a lot of Pie
- Operations Committee Update
- Publicity wants to remind that they need a two-week window from the request to printing and posting the posters.
- Officer Evaluation/Recuitment
- Evolutions: Old AHEC to share the feedbacks from officers in separating meetings with new AHEC member. Briefly discuss on Open Floor. April 4th meeting dedicate to officer feedbacks and roles of new officers.
- Sent out recruitment email tonight, specifying the categories that are hiring: e.g. Bruch Officer, TEEC representative, publicity, communication, Cherry Pie officer.
- (Adam) Continuing status issue: two years as officer with good service, but the list is too long. Make sure everyone is doing a good job. But hard to keep track of each officers and there is issue with people trying to update seniority points. Ash committee to collect information on start dates.
- Editing the officer handbook: reshuffle the duty and number of some positions to balance work load. Still need more discussion as old AHEC pass down knowledge and new AHEC develop different vision.
- Interviewing: Send to new AHEC list of people who didn't get in but were pretty good from last year. Need to set up new interviewing time.
- International Students Office Event
- Got in touch with David and everything seems going smoothly
- Ashdown Spring Concert
- Email from Alumni Association, prepare gifts for guests
- AHEC Meeting Times/Locations
- Propose 8PM Thursday, but runs into Coffee Hour. Keep the current meeting time through Super AHEC for the rest of the semester.
- Materials for Transition
- What does the new AHEC want from the old?
- Meet with counterpart to sort out.
- Open Floor
- Balancing people's work load by adding one person to publicity from inventory, but their work load is lighter than Cherry Pie then.
- What is the specific duty of TEEC representative? How to work with a TEEC officer? Need more discussion but Thirsty Eat should not be considered as a separate entity, its events mostly benefits Ashdown.
- By this Friday noon, send out the officer handbook and recruit email. Share the link with old AHEC so that then can comment. The responsibility specified in the handbook can always be adjusted.