**AHEC Meeting Minutes | Feb 21, 2017 **
AHEC Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, Feb 21, 2017, 8:30pm @ Crafts Lounge
Attendees: Seamus, Govind, Rio, Katie, Malvika, German
Presided by Malvika, Minutes by Hongru
- [Vote] - Approval of Meeting Minutes
- [Update] – Communities Committee Update
- [Update] – Event Committee Update
- [Update] – Operations Committee Update
- [Update] – Officer Evaluations
- [Discussion] – International Students Office Event Dates
- [Discussion] – Lost and Found
- [Discussion] – Election Plan
- Open Floor
- Approval of Meeting Minutes
- Communities Committee Update
- Floor events has been happening as planned
- Nothing new for Fun Funds
- Event Committee Update
- Committee had a meeting las Wednesday and got everyone involved. planned ahead for all the future envents.
- Pay attention to GSC funds application, which due March 1st and should meet the Fund Funs Cycle also.
- In preparation for Pie day event, ask for performers in advance. Could potentially join other graduate house.
- Make up the spring eval form.
- Operations Committee Update
- Adding new contents to Wiki
- More updates about election to follow.
- International Students Office Event Dates
- ISO held events with house heads. Talked about ways to make students feel supported. Discussed how the travel would affect MIT students. Want to make sure students are aware for the help available.
- Feasible time slots for events at Ashdown: on March 1 or 2, 6-10, excluding 8th, 6:30-8 before coffee hour if on Thursday.
- Lost and Found
- Might not be able to put in Denise's office.
- Figure out the liability issue.
- Other dorms just put the stuff behind the front desk.
- As a closed community, should have bigger chance to get things back when stolen.
- Election Plan
- Comprehensive guide to election on wiki found. Things to do include:
- publicize the candidate and manifesto, ask publicity to make poster, email, put up on website and facebook page
- setup the table, randomize the order and print ballot (x500), prepare candy (x120) and pens
- make shift on election day (< 2h/person), actively reach out to people at the polling booths
- count the ticket, call the candidate from housemaster to ask his/her intention
- Meet sunday nights for logistics and counting arrangement
- Open Floor
- Ashdown Amazon Prime thing for inventory and other committee? Should have more discussion on actual implementation, especially with the credit card issue
- Shirts will be arriving next week.
- Next meeting a close meeting to meet with newly elected AHEC.