AHEC Meeting Minutes | January 10th, 2017
AHEC Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, January 10th, 2017, 8:30pm @ Crafts Lounge
Attendees: Govind, Rio, Seamus, German, Meicen, Dierdre
Presided by Seamus, Minutes by Govind
- [Vote] - Approval of Meeting Minutes (5 min)
- None; last time was closed-door meeting.
- [Update] – Interview Scheduling Program (Rio – 5 min)
- Almost done. Just some format changing left to do. Tests have been successful so far.
- Considers both constraints for interviewers and a ranking of times for interviewees.
- [Update] – Officer Evaluations (Rio – 5 min)
- Suggested deadline: February 15th
- Target deadline for updating seniority points: February 28th
- [Update] – Schedule of January Budget Meeting (German – 5 min)
- New term from Feb 1 - June 1.
- We would like to meet at the end of January to approve the budget.
- Tentatively: Thursday, Jan 26th, evening. Run this by Malvika for availability.
- [Update] – Events Committee Update (German and Meicen – 5 min)
- IAP Events are going well. One event had to be rescheduled due to snow.
- Dessert Night and Movie Night are on track.
- Spring Events:
- Super Bowl: New officers take the lead.
- Pi Day: GSC gave money for three different Pi Day events, including one at Ashdown. Unclear what their expectations are for # of events.
- German will ask SP to see what they're thinking about doing for Pi Day, if they wanted to do something together or separately.
- Want to switch Events budget cycle to match GSC Budget Cycle.
- [Update] – Communities Committee Update (Seamus – 5 min)
- Not much to update over the break.
- Arts Officer: Some outings to be set up in late January, early February (e.g. Valentine's Day).
- [Update] – First Floor Computer Room (Seamus – 5 min)
- We have brand new furniture for the computer room
- Needs to be arranged / we need to clean up.
- Unclear if machine noise is still in the room or not. Should check before publicizing cleanup.
- [Discussion] – Spring Events Schedule
- Staff appreciation dinner on Jan 20th, another dinner on the 6th.
- [Discussion] – AHEC Recruiting/Feb. Officer Hiring
- Poll publicity for enthusiasm in filling in for an Inventory duty.
- Ask some of the people not offered officer positions in August if they would like to fill in as Inventory officer this spring.
- Then hire one fewer person in the spring.
- Govind will go through the list of people not offered positions and compile a short-list of candidates to email.
- Open Floor
- Govind will send an email to Drew asking about the liability policy for lending out the Dance Floor to external organizations.
- Then vote on whether or not we will lend out the dance floor.
- Presents for staff appreciation dinner?
- Suzy Nelson and Chancellor Barnhart visiting Ashdown on 24th of Jan. We can suggest food.
- They want to talk about ESL, get to know students.
- We could advertise it within Ashdown. Either get them to make a flyer or see if Publicity can make one. We suspect attendance of ~75.
- We should strongly encourage officer attendance.