AHEC Meeting Minutes | July 26, 2016
AHEC Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, July 26th, 2016, 8:30pm @ Crafts Lounge
Attendees: Yury, Govind, Malvika, Rio, Seamus, Ricardo
Presided by Malvika, Minutes by Govind
- [Vote] - Approval of Meeting Minutes (5 min)
- [Update] – AHEC Poster (Rio – 5 min)
- [Update] – Communities Committee Update (Seamus – 5 min)
- Fun Fund Event for a cooking class.
- [Update] – Ashdown Logo (Seamus – 5 min)
- Can start up a new DesignCrowd contest. However, the current Ashdown logo is pretty good.
- Could inform people about what current logo means: past in current Masseeh, present here.
- Could put this in the introduction to the video. Try not to make it boring and/or long.
- Possible joint merchandizing with TEEC for stuff like shirts, bottles, etc.
- Make a survey during Orientation to gauge interest in Ashdown and/or Thirsty Ear gear. Then make an order based on that.
- [Update] – Events Committee Update (Ricardo – 5 min)
- Beach outing went well.
- Meeting today with Ashdown, Thirsty Ear, Westgate, SidPac about Olympic Events
- Opening ceremony at Thirsty, one event at Ashdown between 17th and 20th. $650 budget for both.
- Thirsty will do additional events -- has about $300.
- [Update] – Composting (Govind – 5 min)
- Will talk to SP. Switching to non-compostable utensils would save about $800. Significant money, but perhaps plastic utensils are worse for the environment even in the trash.
- [Update] – Bike Cleaning (Govind – 5 min)
- Currently done in Oct / Nov, because many residents are away over the summer and it's fine to keep bikes outside before winter.
- Alternative plan: Can send out emails, remove bikes in the summer, relocate them to the bike rack in the back.
- The pros of this plan are that there are unusable bikes in the bike room currently, and it would free space for new residents.
- Ask Sean about this plan and invite him to the next AHEC meeting to give feedback.
- [Discussion] – Brochure/Newsletter (Govind – 5 min)
- Newsletter is coming along, Orientation Calendar should be inserted into it as well as pictures. A final-ish draft should be done by next week.
- [Discussion] – Orientation Movie Planning (Malvika – 20 min)
- Need to film housemasters. Malvika will go to coffee hour on Thursday and film the Housemasters.
- Open Floor
- Committees should ask Publicity for posters soon, since the dates are fixed and Publicity will be overloaded.