AHEC Meeting Minutes | June 7, 2016
AHEC Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, June 7th, 2016, 8:30pm @ Crafts Lounge
Attendees: Katie, Govind, Malvika, Rio, Seamus, German
Presided by Malvika, Minutes by Govind
- [Vote] - Approval of Meeting Minutes
- [Discussion] – Thirsty Ear
- Thirsty Ear might close for the summer - has lost money for last 5-6 years.
- Will close on Monday, June 13th for the summer. Scheduled to re-open in mid-August.
- Thirsty Ear barbecue is August 28th.
- Will still be open for special events, when someone (or some organization) reserves the pub for an event (and provides funding for the staff).
- Possibly we (or other organizations) could rent for Euro Cup, Olympic events, etc.
- Reach out to other dorms
- Need an Ashdown representative for the Thirsty Ear (existing officer, AHEC member, Chris?)
- TEEC will discuss how to re-vitalize TEEC, as well as how to manage funding going forward.
- [Update] – Floor Officer Ad
- Will wait until Friday to see if anyone applies and revisit next week.
- [Update] – Ashdown Logo
- One design submitted so far. Three designers have signed up total, 14 days to go to submit a logo.
- [Update] – Composting bags
- Follow up with GSC sustainability committee for dorm funding for the fall.
- Advertise composting bags / bins in email to Ashdown.
- [Update] – Inventory Cleaning
- We should look at Kristen’s list this week.
- [Update] – Garden
- Plots seem to have been taken.
- [Update] – Book Lending
- Most book exchange events seem to be “permanent” exchanges and drop-offs, whereas we’re looking for a more social event.
- Could probably do this in Coffee Hour, shooting for early July.
- [Update] – Volunteer Coordinator
- [Discussion] – Newsletter
- Template from last year seems pretty solid - orientation events, general practices, letter from Housemasters / AHEC.
- Want to minimize number of printed copies. Maybe we could have a pamphlet at the front desk and a longer version online.
- Want to minimize text in brochure this year. Should think about what should make it on the pamphlet.
- Open Floor
- Bike room issues seem resolved.