AHEC Meeting Minutes | April 28, 2016
AHEC Meeting Minutes
Thursday, April 28, 2016, 7:30pm @ Crafts Lounge
Presided by Lisa
- New Officers Transition Dinner (5 officers to catch up)
- Introducing new AHEC, officer structure, intro to wiki, goals for year (more Ashdown pride and swag, focus on mental health).
- How to plan + schedule events. Events calendar, guidelines for when to notify publicity committee, etc.
- Intro to (main) Ashdown mailing list
- Intro to RFP’s, how to get reimbursed. Instructions are on the Website. Don’t pay tax - you won’t get reimbursed.
- Don’t be afraid of going over budget on events - people tend to go more under budget than over.
- We’ll post the slides on the Wiki for reference.
- Meet your predecessor soon! Can look up previous officer(s) on website.
- AHEC should make a contact sheet for all new officers soon.
- Approval of Meeting Minutes
- Gifts for Outgoing Officers
- Decide on gifts for “first year” officers, “second year” officers.
- Mugs for first years, water bottles for second years. Need to place more orders.
- Mind Hand Heart Initiative
- Requested $6000, received $3000. Supposed to last for one semester.
- Need to follow up with organizers to talk about the funding and how to use it (i.e. do we need to split the planned events with another dorm?)
- If the organizers are not willing to negotiate, we could potentially fall back on other sources of funding.
- Responsibilities of Outgoing AHEC
- Working on updating Wiki posts
- Need to transfer keys to new AHEC
- New AHEC should check for access to GSC + ASA accounts.
- Old AHEC will be around as advisers.
- Orpheus: Transfer admin to Facebook page, old paperwork.
- Committees should be told to keep track of spending internally - too difficult for treasurer to keep track of everything.
- Need someone to manage the garden.
- Malvika is in charge for now. Needs to find out if garden is ready for the next year, before an event can go forward.
- (Incoming AHEC) needs to make a push on the computer room.
- Open Floor
- We could have a large informal dinner outing for current and old AHECs to transfer wisdom and have fun.