AHEC Meeting Minutes | January 21st, 2016
AHEC Meeting Minutes
Thursday, January 21st, 2016, 7:30pm @ Crafts lounge
Attendees: Lisa, Chris, Drew, Jess, Orpheus, Deirdre, Katie, Cody
Presided by Lisa, Minutes by Orpheus
- [Vote] - Approval of Meeting Minutes
- [Upcoming] - Spring Term Budget Allocation
- [Upcoming] - Casino Night
- [Upcoming] - Ashdown Staff Appreciation
- [Update] - Ashdown Constitution
- [Update] - Housemaster Title
- Open Floor
- Approval of Last Meeting's Minutes
- Minutes are approved and are to be posted.
- Spring Term Budget Allocation
- Budget applications out.
- Most officers have sent in applications.
- AHEC to decide Budget on the 24th
- Casino Night
- We will have the full AHEC helping out + 2 EC members + any volunteers
- Craps: Drew & Jess
- Roulette: Drew & 1 EC member
- Blackjack: Adam & 1 EC member
- Trente et Quarante: Lisa & Chris
- Baccarat: Orpheus
- Door: Volunteer
- Prize drawing: Orpheus
- Purchasing to happen the day before.
- Send out email on Sunday
- Ashdown Staff Appreciation
- Have number and names of staff who'll get a gift card.
- Do a double one for John Gallagher
- Ashdown Constitution
- In need of an update
- Possible changes will be discussed after the Budget meeting
- Will need to be announced by February 2nd
- Housemaster Title
- Trend in the Housemaster's meeting against the "Housemaster" title
- Other possible titles have been proposed, including "Head of House" and "House Deans"
- AHEC has no strong opinion on the issue.
- Open Floor
- Health and Safety Officer position abolished, duties transferred to Communities Committee Chair
- AHEC elections will be run through a new firstname.lastname@example.org listserv, Orpheus to be head of the Election Committee
- Paper cutter in the Computer lounge needs to be fixed.
- Discussion about continuing status.