AHEC Meeting Minutes | March 12th, 2015
AHEC Meeting Minutes
Thursday, March 12th, 2015, 7:30pm @ Crafts lounge
Attendees: Adam, Alin, Chris, Deirdre, Frank, Drew, Jess, Jordan, Katie, Lisa, Orpheus,
- Gauge interests before deciding plot size?
- Reserved plots for: housemasters, coffee hour, house staff
- Resident plots
- groups (+2 residents) (40% of plots)
- new gardeners (30% of plots)
- old gardeners (30% of plots)
- Inspect plots if they are being used at end of April and 2 weeks after
- Vacuum club
- On "abolishing the vacuum club (VC)":
- Counts: 3 for, 1 against, 2 not clear or undecided
- shop-vac (small and resists heavy use)
- less people
=> less damage
- less people
=> usually available
- VC vacuums open to whole community
=> less quality vacuums for VC members
- charging for VC acts as a deterrent
- more fair
- Vacuum suggestion:
- 'Shark' (easy to clean and maneuver)
- To check/discuss:
- 'fund solicitations for potential "chocolate fountains" or "next generation musical keyboards.'
- 'Vacuum available for VC was at some point worse than public vacuum'
- 'the vacuums provided to residents are losing suction and are almost older than me!'
- 'before disbanding the vacuum club, buy a few more vacuums for everyone to use, and see how they hold up for 6 months'
- 'point of VC is also to reduce the waste caused if each resident had a vacuum.'
- 'people don't like dirty common vacuums
=> buy their own'
- 'making more vacuums available will not make the rooms cleaner'
- AHEC votes: 2 for, 2 against
- Fabyan reservation policy
- Decided on here
- 3 times a week, 3 separate days, at most 3 hours a day; reserve 3 hours beforehand
- Website features
- Have to be able to make reservations in very small intervals. Currently the system allows for only hourly reservations starting at the exact hour (so at least 30 min intervals)
- Have to be able to change a reservation, not just delete and post it again. but you may implement that as delete and post again ;)
- Ashdown cleanliness
- Jordan met w/ Denise about this, she said it should be resolved soon
- Would be good to know how often the hallways are vacuumed?
- Jordan says common areas are cleaned once a day during weekdays
- Each common kitchen should have soap, paper towels, sprays
- Should put signs to remind people this is their home
- floor officers can ensure stuff is there
- publicity can put up posters
- Common lounges can have erasers
- Ashdown Officer interviews