AHEC Meeting Minutes | September 11, 2014
AHEC Meeting Minutes
Thursday, September 11, 2014, 7:30pm @ Crafts lounge
Attendees: Adam, Alin, Ho-Jun, Jess, Jordan, Alexander Leder, Ina Kundu, Andrew Rzeznik
- We have all of them, except for Welness, who will discuss their budget with us tonight
- Tentative AHEC meeting on Sunday, Sept. 14th at 4pm
- Wellness & Safety events
- Most demand is for a cooking class along with safety guidelines
- A lot of demand for positive psychology class
- Art purchases
- Possible sculpture purchase, would be very expensive
- LIST art is not particularly appealing
- Stuff on eBay is cheap but not very personable
- Volunteer social
- For people who volunteered, Monday 8pm to 9pm
- Ice cream
- Halloween dinner
- At Ashdown
- Meeting this weekend to discuss
- Ideas: Utilize Thirsty Ear space? Catering by Thirsty?
- Yoga classes
- Suggestion from Ramya: weekly or biweekly cardio in Hulsizer or some other form of exercising. Zumbaaaaa?
- Should probably talk to Nadim
- In the past AHEC would buy plastic containers for food. Mice could not get to food anymore. A way to start a conversation about keeping rooms clean, as opposed to an email from Denise.
- Events Commitee Co-chairs
- Andrew Rzeznik and Chris Foy will be the Events Committee chairs.
- Big shout out to Chris for all his hard work in organizing the orientation events