AHEC Meeting Minutes | September 4th, 2014
AHEC Meeting Minutes
Thursday, September 4th, 2014, 7:30pm @ Crafts lounge
Attendees: Adam, Alin, Christopher Foy (a.k.a. The Chairman), Deirdre, Ho-Jun, Jess, Jordan, Orpheus
- Chris (The Chairman) reports on Events Committee
- Desert night should be held outside: don't have to deal with capacity / line problems
- One chocolate fountain was not enough, could buy another one
- Speed friending today: 20ish people. Time picked was not ideal (5pm). In the future, it should be after the first or 2nd Coffee Hour during the semester
- Next orientation: must do a better job coordinating with TEEC on the TEEC BBQ since people look at the BBQ as an Ashdown event
- Garrett (from Inventory)
- The rollbrush from one of the vacuums which was made available to non-members of the Vacuum Club went missing.
- Seems like we should continue the club: extends life of vacuums.
- Officer recruitment
- Officer budgets are due soon: budget meeting for AHEC
- Call for applications will be sent on the 10th. Due on the 17th. Interviews on the 22nd or so.
- brunch committee: 2 members and a chair
- coffee hour: 1 to 2 people
- events: currently has 7 members, so it needs 3 or 4 extra people
- Officer transition dinner on October 2nd
- Welness series (once a month)
- Potential speakers for: stress management, physical health, safety
- Deirdre asked Alex (Wellness Officer) if he would take a poll from the residents as to which talks would be most interesting
- AHEC Office Hours:
- Saturday, September 27th (Jordan, Alin).
- Saturday, October 11th (Ho Jun, Orpheus).
- Saturday, November 22nd (Orpheus, Alin).
- Saturday, December 13th (Jordan, Ho Jun).