AHEC Meeting Minutes
Thursday, May 22nd, 2014, 7:30pm @ Crafts lounge
Attendees: Alin, Christopher Foy, Deirdre, Garrett Dowdy, Ho-Jun, Jess, Jonas, Jordan, Katie, Matthew Popmpeo, Orpheus
Scribe: Alin Tomescu
- Weekly Report
- AHEC Member Discretionary budget
- Each AHEC member would have a discretionary budget for their officers. This could be used for buying food for meetings w/ officers. 10$ per officer per full-term. 7.5$ per half-term.
- Should we allocate a budget for this or just use the unallocated budget?
- Votes: 3 yes, 1 no, 1 abstained
- CPS Mugs
- Ludwig would like additional funding to order ~10 mugs for CPS
- Mugs are $15. Ludwig proposes a $5 subsidy and an extra $5 for people who proposed topics
- Votes: 5 yes
- Housemasters Happy Hour
- Maybe schedule on Friday, June 20th
- Ashdown Garden Expansion
- A million thank you's to John Gallagher for all the help! :)
- John suggested we buy some tools for people who use the garden and put them in the shed. John would be willing to buy them.
- How to allocate the plots?
- Use senority points?
- Advise people to not sign up for a plot if they leave at the end of August. They won't have enough time to collect their crops.
- Should we reserve plots for coffee hour?
- New Hiring Policy
- Hiring policy failed recruiting enough people for the Events Committee
- The idea would be to have a waiting list. If our first choice doesn't accept the proposal we offer it to the next one.
- Vacuum Club's Future
- Vacuums were not being treated right (destroyed too fast) so Jonas started the Vacuum Club: pay $20 security deposit to check out high quality vacuums from the front-desk.
- Should we keep the Vacuum Club for next Fall?
- Problem with storing all the deposit money and fetching it for refunds
- Enforcing Trash Policy