AHEC Meeting Minutes
Thursday, May 15th, 2014, 7:30pm @ Crafts lounge
Attendees: Adam, Alin, Christopher Foy, Ho-Jun, Jess, Jordan, Orpheus, Shabnam, Geran (resident affected by basketball noise)
Scribe: Alin Tomescu
- AHEC reports
- GSC HCA meeting
- HCA is forming an institute-wide REFS program
- GSC wants to buy some Costco cards for the gradute students to use
- GSC AC meeting
- GSC OC meeting
- Detailed orientation events sponsored by GSC
- Dorm event proposols are tentatively scheduled for June 8th
- Desire to have a very larger BBQ open to all graduate students. As early as possible, maybe in late August.
- Events committee manpower
- 9 members in total, 4 members gone this summer. Only 5 members left this summer.
- 11 members initially. One of them turned down the offer. Another one was transferred to brunch.
- Could utilize the floor officers and incorporate them more in events. 2 officers will be gone during summer.
- Increasing volunteers
- Less events, higher quality
- Summary of events in Ashdown newsletter
- Discussed whether to mandate officers to post an event description and photos for their events in the Ashdown newsletter
- Basketball hoop noise
- Geran got woken up at 7 or 8am in the morning and at 11pm at night. Proposed to just get rid of it completely because sleep should be prioritized.
- One suggestion is to remove it during finals week and evaluate the community's response. Must be sure to have all people affected by this respond: the disturbed residents and the basketball players.