May 16, 2013
19:30 Crafts Lounge
(back to list)
Present at this meeting: Yiou He, Brandon Luders, Terry, Katie, Misha Sra, Shabnam, Jonas, Itai Stein
- New Server for Ashdown's IT needs (Itai):
[Itai leaves meeting]
- can stream content to CCTV system
- could stream DVDs to TVs in TV rooms (legal issues?)
- cost around 1000$
- Itai will submit specific proposal to AHEC together with other tech officers for AHEC meeting on June 20.
- GSC decided that orientation meeting will be early June (Yiou):
[Yiou leaves meeting]
- Jordan, Yiou and Andrea went to GSC OC meeting
- Pitches on June 1st for GSC funding
- GSC wants us to get in touch with other dorms, need help from AHEC with that.
- Ahtletics officers should organize events together with other dorms
- Need to hear pitches from cultural and social committee.
- Yiou will get in touch with Social and Cultural
- Jonas will write other dorms and get contacts for Ashdowns OC
- Cooking classes with MIT dining this summer (Brandon):
- Aiming for June 12th for the first class (that's when summer classes start)
- Ashdown currently doesn't provide charcoal for grills
- Ashdown could provide charcoal for free or sell it for convenience.
- Could we get gas grills?
- Brandon will look into what other dorms have
- Amazon Gift cards:
- Always giving out amazon gift cards as prizes is not ideal
- Sakul says puzzle gift cards usually go to the same people
- AHEC will talk about this more at retreat
- Summer proposals:
[Andy joins meeting]
- Defer to next week's AHEC meeting
- Kitchen cleanup:
- Jonas will send e-mails and put up notices
- Common space committee:
- Over the summer, AHEC will form a committee to work out a proposal for the use of common space in Ashdown
- Will be a topic at AHEC retreat
- AHEC retreat