August 2, 2012
19:30 Crafts Lounge
(back to list)
- Tech committee updates and future plans
- Rong thinks the website should be structured so there is more function and more things to do on the front page.
- We need to figure out who is in charge of updating different things on the website.
- Front desk fine system: Hopefully it will be implemented by the end of the summer.
- GSC GCM update
- GSC Voted to form a new task force about graduate student wellness.
- They will be looking at the needs of the graduate community and the resources that MIT provides to see if there is anything that needs to be improved.
- Fall officer recruitment
- There is no set number for how many people we are recruiting.
- Rong suggests that we could recruit more in the fall and have a higher number of officers on average.
- These new officers would be in the positions because they want to help out, not because they want housing.
- We will follow this up in a later meeting.
- Olympic related events
- Hopefully Baldin will be able to do something Olympics related for Ashdown.
- We suggested he set up the volleyball net during brunch this Sunday.
- Ashdown officer pins
- Our art officer Amanda suggested having pins that say "Ashdown Officer"
- This would help our officers feel more comfortable approaching random people at events
- Andy, Eva, and others would be willing to wear a pin like this
- Andrea will ask Amanda to if she had any other ideas
- Casino night update
- Brandon and Amanda did inventory of what we had and what needed to get ordered
- Volunteer incentives and training
- Brunch offers skip-the-line passes and would be willing to offer them to other committees as incentives for them also.
- Andrea is organizing a training for August 19th in the afternoon.
- Brunch management
- Brunch needs to make sure they always clean the kitchen.
- We can have staff come from ACME for 4 hours for $18/hr.
- AHEC leadership meeting
- This would be a team building event that focuses on figuring out what style of leader we all are and how to work together.
- Ann will send out a Doodle to see what time works with everyone.