July 26, 2012
19:30 Crafts Lounge
(back to list)
- HCA meeting update
- Eva went to the HCA meeting earlier tonight
- The grocery shuttle takes up 1/3 of HCA's budget. They are interested in reducing the costs of the shuttle.
- Caspar, the homeless shelter across the street wants to have some info sessions during orientation. Orientation is too busy of a time for an info session like that.
- NW Police officer
- HCA released a survey to be sent to dorms. We will be sending out the survey to Ashdown soon.
- The survey addresses questions such as where the officer patrols and what events they attend.
- Grill and courtyard use policies
- We want to formalize a policy about using the courtyard so you don't have to ask for permission.
- If the Hulsizer room is booked, then the courtyard can be used alongside it.
- If someone only wants to use the courtyard, then they don't have anywhere to go when it rains.
- Andrea proposed that we write a policy about room use. If you plan to have more than 15 people in a room, then you need to have approval and a rain location if using the courtyard.
- Orientation updates
- The warehouse is still planning on using the circle behind Ashdown for the food truck event. We have no issues with it.
- Rong, Andrea, and Morgan will go to Costco soon to look for welcome gifts.
- Welcome brochure
- Welcome brochure is going to have information useful for new residents.
- Andrea will write up a welcome from AHEC.
- There needs to be a little bit about casino night. It needs to mention that you can learn the games there and it is not for money.
- Casino night
- We have supplies behind the front desk and in the AHEC closet.
- One big task is to buy prizes. This can be done in a single trip to Target.
- Frank, Brandon, and Andy are going to inventory what we have and what we don't have.
- Photo displays for the Ashdown lobby
- Eva wants to put the physical display to the left of the stairs by the weight room.
- Eva is still unsure of the exact display, and how many pictures we should have.
- Will Fund purchases
- The request should be in very soon
- TV Room
- Itai compiled a list of things to buy for the TV room.
- We agreed to the purchases.