June 14, 2012
19:30 Crafts Lounge
(back to list)
- Officer thank you gift distribution
- AHEC signed some of the mugs for the housemasters to show our appreciation.
- Officer retreat
- We have over 20 officers signed up so far.
- We still have to decide on games, but Eva has been researching games and has a large list of them that we could play.
- Bus Fare is $1.25, and we are going to pay for the fare because we didn't warn the officers that they will need to.
- Ashdown garden
- Andy attended a meeting with Katie, Denise, and Dan from grounds.
- Grounds approved adding a garden.
- It is still in the planning stages, but it sounds like it will be on track to be built in the fall and used for the first time in the spring.
- Dan suggested building a raised planter with sufficient fencing around to keep the Ashdown rabbits out.
- Andy will follow up with this later.
- Ashdown alcohol policy
- The housemasters reviewed the alcohol policy with us.
- No alcohol is allowed in common spaces.
- AHEC has decided to keep the policy.
- Any questions about the alcohol policy will be forwarded to the housemasters.
- Charles river watershed community service event
- He is planning an event to remove water chestnuts from the Charles river.
- Volunteering incentives and training
- We are going to have T shirts for the first time people volunteer if they show interest in volunteering again.
- Possible incentives for continued service:
- A raffle for a gift card or something similar
- Possibly a Flour gift card?
- It is important for our volunteers to be given jobs and to be treated well.