Humprhey fellows are doing a coffee hour on the 29th.
Will this interfere with the transition dinner?
Coffee Hour starts at nine. We need a starting time.
Last time they wanted to start at 7:30.
Currently scheduled from 6:30-8:00 Can we move the time.
Ann can tell them about the event, we would like to end at 8, ask if that is enough time to set up coffee hour, see if they squack. If they say that that is not enough time then...
Nicole is in charge of getting the food, but she hasn't got a restaurant yet.
In the past, business before food- only way to keep people back. How would we fell about them using the kitchen to prepart food at 7:30. Would that interfere? Then they could sill into the Hulsiser room.
We need to notify people about the dinner time soon.
New officers have not been added to the mailing list. Anyone on AHEC could add them. We just need the list. Alice will send it to Albert who will add people and notify anyone.
If the mug ready? Design was submitted a week ago. We need more detail from Brandon and Dheera. How many do we need? 50-60 at most. We don't know how many mugs Brandon ordered. If the mugs do not come in on time, we can give them to people after the fact. We have ordered 75 timers for Alumni dinner, and may use only 20. We could give extras to officers as a fall-back (they only say ``Ashdown house), or even in addition.
Nicole is working on putting the documents and officer list together.
Committees will be making proposal. No due date yet.
We should warn people that they should think about what they want to do for next year as well.
We have not yet assigned chairs for committees, but we know who some committee chairs might be.
Hunter: we need to figure out which floor officer is which.
We should have more than 24 hours for people to think about this.
Coffee hour and Transition. We need to have a definite transition date so we have an idea of who is responsible.
We have not necessariliy pointed out that people should be working in summer 2010. Last year people started in May. Is unfair to people who satarted in May last year. We are still experimenting. We also have to work aout gray area with officers who are away for the summer and officers who are not. We need a transition period for old and new members.
Most new people should be enthousiastic, but we understand if some can't come.
June-May cycle with May as the transition month. How transition will work is up to each chair. Each coffee hour officer will have one week off each month. The schedule between old and new is up to the old chair.
Officer acceptance email says ``June''.
We need to assign new points soon. After transition dinner.
We are not sure the dates of the big housing lottery yet, but it will have to happen by mid-May.
Old AHEC has the data needed will run meeting. New AHEC can come if they want.
Sunday May 2nd at 9 pm. Albert will send out emails.
Nicole is officially helping Kunle
Ashdown is entrees. Edgerton (appetizers), S-P (desserts).
Date is May 7.
Will be working with Thirsty for beer
Grad rat will be setting up booth (we will receive $500)
By next Thursday, Kunle will have amore comprehensive list of what help is needed for.
Not all of AHEC has them.
Brandon has a key, but is in Atlanta. Dheera and Amneet have keys.
Time is unknown, since keyholder is unknown.
We could ask Denise to open door during the day.
Nicole has taken pictures and made a summary.
Hunter will let us know if he hears anything from S-P.
Get GSC insvolved? Invite HCA chair
Is there a downside to expressing our opinion? Our time? Relations iwth the administration? Aggrevation? Benefit: admin will think twice about not consulting us as well.
Tech has been ally in past battles. Ben Kaduk and Rosa Cao have good relations with the Tech. For now we can get advice from the on how to best approach The Tech.
Once the city say yas, everything is over.
We should aslo notify Cambridge that we want to speak. Matt will notify them and the chairman of the housing committee. Matt is willing to speak, along with Terry.
We are not fighting people being in the space next door, we are upset about the location.
Calm is key.
Matt will email GSC president and new HCA chairs.
Organization before next meeting? Should we organize over email? Presentation from Real Estate? Counter argument and counter-suggestion?
With admin and Real Estate, students are much more powerful than Terry. This may not be the case with the town. We need rest of AHEC to be observers to look at body language and responses and catch other things.
We will email everyone before REAL ESTATE TUESDAY.
Who asked Dheera to hold off on this and why?
Terry, because Ann wasn't here.
Ashdown list contains Phoenix, should we take them off? They are not part of Ashdown, leave executives on the list. Why off? Reduce spam.
We should inform the Phoenix group members if we let them off.
One of AHEC should be on PHEC list.
Ann will email Jack and Suzanne.
Hunter got last minute notice on fan coil maintenence. He wants to be there and the ability to demand what time they will be there.
Upset that request to move this was not received.
Fan coil repairs have happened at least 5 times. Issue fix is not understood.
Two issues: adequate pre-notification and scheduling.
Maybe people should have a place to request to be present.
Skipping rooms is also an issue.
Three options: Recruit in fall, pick person already assigned, pick rejected person.
Solution: pick one of the two candidates who put athletics as first choice (both were rejected).