AHEC meeting minutes
2009-03-12 19:30 Crafts Lounge (back to list)
- Comedienne: Dhaya Lakshminarayanan is performing at Ashdown on Sunday at 1:00. David will set up the microphone and speakers.
- Cultural Dinners: Social committee is proposing a once-monthly "cultural dinner" open to all graduate students at Ashdown. (e.g. Mexican, Indian, Thai.)
- Salsa Party
- Alumni Event
- Bike Room: The bikes are so packed that it's hazardous to both people and bikes, so there is a proposal to lottery bike spaces. AHEC is uncomfortable with this, but we will push Facilities to make more covered bike sp
aces outside the building. We'll also get rid of the Shaws carts that have somehow found their way in.
- Periodicals officer: Naoto sent out email to the mailing list and we got about 40-50 responses saying they want periodicals, so we should probably keep this position.
- AHEC Elections: We have 11 candidates right now, but we'll see how many show up at coffee hour and send a final email to those who did not to request they respond positively.
- Floor lounges: People have been trying to reserve floor lounges, but our policy is that they cannot. We'll send email to the house detailing our views.