AHEC meeting minutes
2009-01-15 19:00 Crafts Lounge (back to list)
- Super Bowl Party on Feb.1. Thirsty will not be open unless
we hire them...we'll look into it.
- Arabian Nights Party on Feb. 6, 9pm-1am; preparations proceeding
- Spring Concert sometime between mid-February and mid-March
on perhaps a Saturday afternoon. A 2-hour concert with an intermission with
some reception-style food tables.
- Unpacking: Housing is paying $1000/month to keep our crates, so we
need to unpack them ASAP. We'll do it this coming Monday afternoon.
- AHEC Elections is a two-week process. It starts with a free
nomination dinner instead of coffee hour, open to Ashdown only, on a Thursday
instead of coffee hour. The next Thursday we have speeches, and the next
Wednesday will be election day, and results would be announced the final
Thursday. We'll plan to start it on the 5th. Right now we should start
looking for candidates...(contact us if you're interested!)
- Thirsty Ear Tuesdays: The Ear is offering to give Ashdowners
free wings on Tuesdays, perhaps with each Tuesday being open to a subset
of floors. The action item is just for us to contact TEEC and talk about
- Dining: We had a big discussion about dining issues, including
access and ownership. Nothing specific has been resolved yet.
- Inauguration is happening on Tuesday; we plan to show it in the