AHEC meeting minutes
2008-11-20 19:30 Crafts Lounge (back to list)
- Pool Table:
- We have cues which came with the table and are
now available for checkout from desk.
- There are some prospects for cheaper
equipment to leave out.
- (We are still seeking an athletics officer.)
Thirsty is considering getting a case for the cues and balls to be left out;
we will contact them about those plans.
- Thirsty Ear:
- Some residents of building 5 did complain about
smoking or noise, in response to an email query from Ann.
- It was unclear
whether this referred to incidents in the past, or continuing concerns.
- These complaints were forwarded to TEEC, and they appear to be making a good faith effort to control what goes on in the courtyard.
- (They actually solicited these comments from Ann, to their credit.)
- We need to unpack in the Fabyan Room and the AHEC
- We probably won't be able to do it until the third week in January.
- Since the website requires content, we
should probably start dividing up what needs to be written, to have it done by
the end of January.
- A lot of the text might be easily extracted from
- We plan on hiring a web designer over IAP (assuming money
can be made available); will advertise soon.
- There's some talk of having Dining open
- However, we may need to end sooner for certain events;
Ann expects the Dining Committee to be very forceful in ensuring Dining will
close at 8pm if necessary for Ashdown.
- We should ask to be able to give one
week's notice to have the room, but otherwise recommend this plan go ahead for
the spring semester.
- Funding deadlines: GSC's funding board deadline is coming up;
- we should apply to have a Super Bowl party,
- and our usual Spring party.