AHEC meeting minutes
2008-11-20 19:30 Crafts Lounge (back to list)
- IT Issues:
- There is some but not much activity on
the Ashdown website. By mid-January, we should really have all the
stuff from the FLASH (Facts of Life at ASHdown), i.e. policies, because
the license agreement references it. At this time a lot of new people
will come into Ashdown, so it would be good to make all that info
public. Dheera is making a LaTeX file that contains this information.
- Dheera is also working on connecting the displays to a computer
behind the desk.
- We are still missing a TV tuner in the Hulsizer
room, and we should get a box of Hulsizer A/V equipment for desk.
- We still don't have DirecTV; Ann will ask Housing about getting
- Facilities Issues:
- Construction will push back to
9:30 am after December 1.
- Facilities says heating should be
workable by tweaking the thermostat as Denise described, and that they
will be fixing it for the remaining broken rooms soon.
- Pool Table:
- The pool table has arrived but we don't believe
it's been used.
- We have cues and balls and they are in Denise's care.
- We'll get recreational-grade equipment to just leave in the Thirsty,
and have the (presumably good) stuff available at front desk.
- AHEC Elections:
- We need to think about when we want to hold
- Last year we held them in February, for a long transition
period, although they're historically in April.
- So now we need to
decide when to have it: February, March, or April.
- We probably won't
have them in February, so we'll talk about it again later.
- Shelves have arrived in the Fabyan Room, so we
should not have everything in boxes there.
- It's best done in one go,
coordinating with the social committee. This will probably happen
mid-January; probably just breaking in half -- half for the AHEC Closet
and half in the Fabyan Room.
- Any help would be appreciated.
- Thirsty Ear: We are thinking, with the Thirsty, of having
some sort of an Ashdown night with pool and free food on a
Tuesday...details to be decided.
- Foosball Table: We think the foosball table is not well-used
in its current location (bowtie lounge); we'll try moving it to the
lobby and see what happens.
- Lottery Policy:
- AHEC won't explicitly handle
single-gender rooming requirements, except for designated single-gender
suites, which we will only allow people of the correct gender to
- Room swaps (A wants B's room, B wants A's room) will
be handled by simply talking to Denise.
- Thanksgiving Dinner is Monday night.