AHEC meeting minutes
2008-11-13 19:30 Crafts Lounge (back to list)
- Thirsty Ear: Both parties are committed to a closer
relationship going forward.
- A TEEC representative came who
plans to attend AHEC meetings in the future;
- we have appointed a
representative of AHEC (Karan Mistry) to attend TEEC meetings in the
- The Thirsty Ear has a different type of event each night
of the week but has nothing scheduled for Tuesday yet;
have offered to hold Ashdown community events on Tuesdays starting the
Tuesday before Thanksgiving.
- Pool Table:
- The pool table has arrived,
- but not
with its insert;
- however the Thirsty has quickly gotten a tarp
to cover it.
- We'll try to get a more permanent solution as quickly
- We also don't know the status of balls and cues;
- we will plan to get one set for resident use behind desk
and ask the Thirsty to acquire another set if they want to put it out
during their hours for their patrons.
- Dining Committee: is discussing changing the hours for
Ashdown Dining to Su-W 6-9 Th 6-8 instead of Su-Th 6-8.
would not be possible until Spring term, except on an experimental
- We will need to decide if we really want this, but we don't
need to decide immediately.
- Nutcracker Event:
- happening on Dec. 5,
start publicity shortly.
- Dheera will create a signup page.
- Price increased to $15 due to lack of the expected group
- Thanksgiving Dinner:
- We need more publicity on the
1st floor for this event.
- Ann will need help from the cultural
committee to manage the crowd.
- We will serve wine but require
- IS&T wants to have an info session at
- we'll ask them to do a pizza event from 8-9 on Dec. 4
(before coffee hour).
- They'll have a few slides and we'll ask them
to put together a poster.
- They will talk about VoIP as well as
Wi-Fi access points.
- David will officially be the IS&T
liaison going forward.
- We're having a meeting on Monday to settle
the lottery algorithm for the future;
- the imminent small in-house
lottery will be run manually by Dheera.
- ARCADE/LEF: We will be applying for funding for our Spring
dance party shortly.