AHEC meeting minutes
2008-11-06 19:30 Crafts Lounge (back to list)
- Thirsty Ear: There has been some graffiti in the bathroom and smoking in the courtyard. Thirsty rep at the meeting reassures us that they do accept some responsibility. They will post signs, monitor and ban people who smoke or vandalize. He acknowledged a recent incident with noise; a karaoke host failed to follow the established protocol, and that person is no longer hosting karaoke. Someone from AHEC will also attend TEEC meetings in the future.
- Pool Table: The pool table will arrive in Thirsty space tomorrow, hopefully with its protective insert. We will need to figure out where the cue sticks and balls will go, and how the space is shared with the Thirsty.
- Officer reports: We have not gotten replies from everybody. We'll send another email.
- Phones: We are meeting with Dennis Collins of Housing and Theresa Regan of IS&T tomorrow. We plan to ask for any resident to check out a VoIP phone and return it at the point that we get cellphone repeaters. We would ideally want the same service for everyone as the beta testers.
- Lottery: We need a lottery algorithm for the next in-house lottery; Housing is trying to implement some sort of system which will come at some point in the future, and we don't know if it will handle seniority points; since seniority points are our main incentive for officers, we should wait until their system is stable before considering giving them control. Dheera is going to set up the algorithm and would like it to be the same for the small in-house lotteries as well as the big lotteries in May and December. We will discuss by email.